Easy Cool Tricks To Teach Your Dog
Quick Navigation ->
Want to keep your dog entertained and mentally stimulated? There is no better way to keep your pup’s mind and body occupied than training them tricks!
Dogs love learning tricks! Besides ensuring that you have the best-behaved canine on the block, teaching a dog trick will also strengthen the bond between you and your pooch and help you spend more time together.
In this article, you’ll find a list of 100 tricks to teach your dog! Some are harder than others, so start with essential tricks every dog should know and go from there. Let’s get started, shall we?
Essential Dog Training Tricks Any Dog Should Know
Essential tricks are the best tricks to teach a dog when they are just starting to learn new things. Don’t forget, no matter how easy the trick seems, use tasty treats to keep your pooch interested in training.
- Sit – train your dog to sit on command.
- Lie down – teach your dog to lie down on the ground.
- Stay – teach your pooch to stay in one place until released.
- Come – have your dog come to you when called.
- Speak – train your puppy to bark on command.
- Quiet – teach a dog to stop barking.
- Drop it – get your dog to drop the item from its mouth.
- Take it – have your dog grab a toy with its mouth.
- Leave it – teach your dog to leave an item alone.
- Go potty – teach your puppy to go to the bathroom on command.
- Wait – let your dog wait before eating.
- Go to bed – train your puppy to go to bed on command.
- Fetch – teach your dog how to play fetch.
- Touch – have your dog touch an object with its nose.
- Again – make a dog repeat behavior.
Find out what are the 5 biggest mistakes new dog owners make, and how to avoid them so you can set your puppy for success from the get-go!
Cool Tricks To Teach Your Puppy
These were basic and easy things to teach your dog! Once your pooch learns essentials you can move onto cool and amazing dog tricks! Here are some cool tricks for you to try:
- Kiss – teach your dog how to kiss you, other dogs, or a cat!
- Shake hands – this is one of the cutes and coolest dog tricks. Here’s how to teach your dog to shake hands.
- Spin – Get your dog to spin on command.
- Roll over – Here’s how to teach your dog to roll over.
- Stand on hind legs – While it may seem hard, standing on hind legs is one of the funniest and easiest dog tricks to teach your dog.
- Play dead – This is a cool party trick! Check out how to teach your dog to play dead.
- Hug – Who wouldn’t want a dog hug? Here’s how you can teach your pooch to give you a hug.
- Sit pretty – Get your dog to sit pretty so you can take cute pictures of them!
- Hands up – Hands up is a cool dog trick that also looks great. Watch how to train your dog to put their hands up.
- Wave goodbye – Waving is a great way for your dog to greet people without jumping on them. Here’s how you can train your dog to wave goodbye.
- Say your prayers – Check out how you can teach your dog to say prayers!
- Balance – Teach your dog how to balance objects on their head.
- Ring a bell to go out – Get your dog to ring a bell to be let outside.
- Crossed paws – Have your dog cross their paws on command!
- Backup – You can train your dog to walk backward on command to have more control of your space.
Fun Tricks To Teach Your Dog
There are many different funny dog tricks you and your pooch should try. Here are the best silly tricks to teach your dog:
- Twist – Get your dog to spin on all four legs.
- Commando – Have your dog crawl towards you on its belly.
- Circle me – Train your dog to circle around your body.
- Walk tall – Check how to train your dog to walk on hind legs.
- High five – If your dog knows how to give paw you can train them to give a high five.
- Shake – Teach your dog to shake off water on command.
- Yawn – Get your dog to yawn on command.
- Put toys away – Train your dog to gather its toys into a basket.
- Catch – Get your dog to catch balls or treats from a short distance.
- Be shy – Train your dog to cover its eyes and act shy.
- Jump rope – Here’s how to teach your dog to jump rope. However, only train this trick to young dogs that don’t have any mobility problems.
- Fetch a drink – get your dog to bring you a drink when you ask for it.
- Act ashamed – Train your dog to get its head down and act ashamed on command.
- Smile – Teach your dog how to smile!
- Hide and seek – Learn how to play hide and seek with your dog.
Creative Dog Tricks
This list of dog tricks is nowhere near done, and there are so many awesome tricks you can teach to your pooch. Let’s check out some creative tricks that you can teach your dog!
- Play Basketball – If you are into sports, you can teach your dog to play basketball.
- Teach your dog to count – Teaching your dog how to count is an impressive trick that may require some time and patience. But it’s well worth it having a canine Einstein!
- Bang – if your dog knows how to lie dead, you can easily teach them this trick.
- Balance on the nose – Train your dog to balance treats on their nose.
- Point – Have your dog point at something with their nose.
- Wipe paws – Teach your dog to wipe its paws when coming inside.
- Find it – Have your dog search for a person or object by scent.
- Shell game – Get your dog to pick the correct cup with a treat under it.
- Growl – Train your dog to growl on command.
- Howl – Teach your dog how to howl like a wolf.
- Limp – Have your dog limp on command.
- Peek-a-boo – Train your dog to peek-a-boo through your legs.
- Pick a card – get your dog to pick a card, like in a magic trick.
- Push-ups – Teach your dog to do push-ups.
- Play piano – Train your dog to play on a small piano.
Impressive Dog Tricks
With this list of dog tricks, you and your pooch will never get bored! In fact, your pooch will have so much fun doing these tricks that they may decide to become a full-time performer!
- Spread them – Get your dog to put its paws against the wall.
- Time out – Have your dog go in the corner of the room and stare at the wall.
- Who do you love? – Train your dog to point at you with its paw.
- Sneeze – Train your dog to sneeze on cue.
- I love you – Teach your dog to say I love you.
- Catch Frisbee in the air
- Easter Egg Hunt – Have your dog search for treats in plastic Easter eggs
- Put a ball in a launcher
- Dance – Train your dog to stand up and dance around.
- Hurdle – Teach your dog to jump over hurdles with ease.
- Jump into your arms – This trick might be easier with small dogs.
- Jump through arms – Create a circle with your arms and have your dog jump through it.
- Leap over a stick – Show your dog how to jump over a stick.
- Leap me – Get your dog to jump over you.
- Leap over people – Teach your pooch to jump over other people.
- Leap through a hoop – Check out how to train a dog to jump through a hoop.
- Soccer – With a bit of practice you can teach your dog how to play soccer.
- Walk between legs – Check out how to train your dog to walk between your legs.
- Weave poles – Show your dog how to weave through poles.
- Balance on my back – Train your dog to balance on your back on command.
Cool Things To Train Your Dog To Do
This list of 100 tricks to teach your dog wouldn’t be complete without a list of cool things your dog can do around home. While some of these tricks may seem hard, most of them are surprisingly easy to teach and learn. Arm yourself with tasty treats and let’s get started!
- Open the door
- Close the door
- Fetch the TV remote
- Pick up the keys
- Find keys
- Fetch the newspaper
- Pass a note
- Fetch the phone
- Take off your socks
- Unzip your jacket
- Close the curtains
- Lights on
- Lights off
- Put in the laundry basket
- Get the mail
- Fetch my slippers
- Bring the leash
- Bring a dish
- Carry a purse
- Take off socks
Conclusion: Fun Tricks To Teach A Puppy
If you were looking for fun and easy dog tricks to teach your dog you’ve come to the right place! While this list of 100 tricks to teach your dog is by no means exhaustive, it will keep you and your pooch busy training for some time!
To get your dog interesting in learning tricks, keep the training session short and sweet and use lots of tasty treats and praise!
More Dog Training Tips:
- How To Stop My Dog From Biting When Excited
- 5 Steps for Toilet Training Your Puppy
- What Do I Need to Buy for a New Puppy Checklist
- 240 Dog Names Ideas
- Best Dog Riddles For Kids
- Should You Feed Your Dog Before Or After A Walk?
100 Tricks To Teach Your Dog or Puppy
Here at Alpha Pets, we aim to provide the ultimate eco-friendly supplies and accessories for cats, dogs and more. For insightful advice on dog training, health, nutrition, and care for pet owners be sure to check out our pet blog.